In light of the statement from The Government Monday 16th March, Ashtons would like to reassure all our customers that we will be continuing to uphold the highest standards and follow best practice for our clients when undertaking valuations, viewings and other interactions.
With the Coronavirus making headlines around the world, and Government guidelines being updated on a daily basis, you may be left wondering how the situation is going to affect your property sale or purchase?
Essentially, the process won’t change in terms of how you sell property – there are still record numbers of buyers and property prices remain stable – but the way we conduct viewings and any other visits will need to change.
Here at Ashtons, we have given very careful consideration to what we can do to protect our staff and our clients so that we can all continue to deliver the service you need. And here are our tips on conducting a viewing safely….
- Clean all surfaces before and after a viewing – ensuring your safety, and the safety of those viewing your home.
- Common touch points such as door handles, door frames, light switches, cupboard doors and cupboard handles are most likely to be touched during a viewing – ensure that these touch points are thoroughly cleaned before and after the viewing.
- And tell your visitor what you’ve done to reassure them.
- To reduce the amount of items that need to be touched during a viewing leave lights on in all rooms and leave internal doors open
- Encourage visitors to wash their hands upon entry to your property, or have hand-sanitising gel in your entrance hall. They may like to do the same when they leave.
- During the visit, do not shake hands.
- If anybody in your household has developed symptoms of the virus, been in contact with anyone else who has symptoms or is in isolation, please tell us quickly so we can rearrange viewings.
You may be wondering if it’s still safe to visit our office? To reassure you, here are the measures we’ve put in place…
- Our staff are fully briefed on the current situation and guidelines
- Our office is regularly deep cleaned
- Staff have hand sanitisers on their desks and access to hand washing facilities. We are happy for you to use both
- Staff have individual bottles of disinfectant for their use plus other appropriate alcohol based products for cleaning
- Surfaces are cleaned often throughout the day – desks, PCs, keyboards, door handles, filing cabinets, photo-copier etc
- Phones are cleaned frequently each day and staff will no longer share them
- And sorry, no more handshakes for the time-being
All the measures we’ve implemented regarding safe-guarding, extra cleaning and sanitising are continuing and increasing. We will continue to follow Government guidelines and will keep you up to date with changes as they develop.
We thank you all for your support and understanding through this and difficult and unprecedented time. Together we’re stronger so please look after yourself and your family during the coming weeks. We all look forward to returning to normal sometime soon.
WANT TO DISCUSS SELLING YOUR PROPERTY?
WANT TO DISCUSS BUYING YOUR NEXT HOME?